Friday, June 7, 2013

The Unbearable Awkwardness Of Being

kakakakelly: bitchouttahell: sunnylay2: gianacaceres: Everyon...



kakakakelly:

bitchouttahell:

sunnylay2:

gianacaceres:

Everyone starts somewhere. It takes a lot of guts to come out as a transgendered woman but it feels good to finally have NOTHING to hide. Take me as I am.

Beauuuuuutiful!!!!

BABETASTIC

Gorgeous!  

crockerharley: dirkstrider-in-the-tardis: SPREAD THIS SHIT...



crockerharley:

dirkstrider-in-the-tardis:

SPREAD THIS SHIT LIKE WILDFIRE BECAUSE IT IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE.

So much fucking respect for this guy.

TL;DR: Shaming people for their bodies does the opposite of helping them.

When you imagine beautiful animation of your characters in your head but have shitty animating skills irl

theothermadi:

zoophobiacrazies:

elixiroverdose:

bellizyfizz:

image

image

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

image

BEST. And you know what? I'mma rant here, sorry! But the...



















BEST.

And you know what? I'mma rant here, sorry!

But the very fact that they AREN'T playing to the usual tropes? …Makes me kind of ship it >.> More than I EVER do for ANY current American crime shows.

And Mulder and Scully are why.

Even as a kid, I shipped it, but NEVER wanted them to be together in the place they were when the show began. X-Files taught me, like no other medium did, that men and women should respect and value each other as independent people before they become romantic. Whether it takes 9 seasons or three months (*coughs*mymarriage*coughs*), two people should value, respect, and treat each other as equals.

  I didn't realize it at the time, of course, cause I was 10 years old. But Mulder and Scully imprinted on me, as two people breaking the mold and being two strong, independent people who came into their own, into their respective strengths, and THEN realized they also loved and needed each other.

 I have waited long for the reincarnation of that ship, so healthy in the long run and in the face of ridiculous odds. Add to that, it's a show with vastly better representation and treatment of female characters?

 I. Fucking. Love. Elementary.

In my experience, a 'hipster' is simply someone who's doing a Thing purely with the intent of cultivating an image, not necessarily because they enjoy said Thing. So don't judge or label someone based on their actual interests, ever. Here up North, we've always called homebrewing/tattoos/weird indie music/wearing fringe a typical thursday.

So stop.

damianimated: Animation Fun Fact! - Epic is the second film...







damianimated:

Animation Fun Fact! - Epic is the second film adapted from a book or book series by William Joyce in the past twelve month span, the other being Rise of the Guardians. At the end of Rise of the Guardians and an earlier released short The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore we see a dedication to Mary Katherine Joyce, who was his daughter. She had died at the age of 18 from a brain tumor.

The lead character of the film Epic goes by M.K. which is short for Mary Katherine. The character is 17.

maybe-imalion: Wild night in. EVERYONE TELL THIS CUTIE HOW...



maybe-imalion:

Wild night in.

EVERYONE TELL THIS CUTIE HOW CUTE SHE IS :D

Our Lady of Jubilation: Chapter 2 (x) . She'd at some...





Our Lady of Jubilation: Chapter 2

(x)

.

She'd at some point in the evening tugged a ragged and over-sized sweater over her shabby field clothes and messy hair. Logan knew the faded, grey-brown color. It was the un-dyed, scratchy wool that poor folk could get for free, down in the slummier boroughs on Gionorma. It was such a simple thing, noticed in a second, her thick hair in a loose knot, her sweater made from that ugly, familiar, comforting wool. And it had his frown deepening, even as something turned over in his chest.

"Y'shouldn't be keepin' my kid up so late," He grumbled, turning and heading on his way inside. He knew the girl had huffed something in response, but he didn't catch it, letting her boots tap out a hurried retreat back down the stairs…

.

thebitchofbagend: the-baggins-of-bag-end: it's not even like...





















thebitchofbagend:

the-baggins-of-bag-end:

it's not even like "oh pitbulls are cute too" like PITBULLS ARE SO FUCKING PRECIOUS IT HURTS MY EYES

Grant, you must know that before I die I will have a pitbull to call my own. 

So yeah. That would be an awesome Christmas present one year. Just sayin'

When we have a bigger place I want a pitty

So I mistakenly found out a few things that happen in the ASOIAF series

thebitchofbagend:

Read More

RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!

We LITERALLY get a character that is PURE VENGEANCE.

grantairesque: do you hear the people sing no because everyone fucking died

grantairesque:

do you hear the people sing no because everyone fucking died

Photo













scotchtrooper: misstuesday: Here are some photos from our...













scotchtrooper:

misstuesday:

Here are some photos from our Simon and Marcy photoshoot.

Marceline cosplayed by me at: Amanda Finley Cosplay

Simon was cosplayed by my good friend Michael. I put together his makeup and outfit. Hambo was made by him.

The photoshoot was done by the fantastic Starrfall Photography.

I may add a few more photos a bit later on.

Awesome!

image

absentlyabbie: katerspie replied to your post: I've thought many times about how my mother… ...

absentlyabbie:

ilu u are magic unicorn beauty

ilu2 u shine bright like ALL of the diamonds

:D

coffeebuddha: Coming home with me?  Eep.







coffeebuddha:

Coming home with me? 

Eep.

Sometimes I forget....

…that in the flash of new/renewed fandom, it’s EASY for me to come up with a dynamic/take on a momentary personality. They come to me like a virus, persistent and wild.

 There aren’t many fandoms that stay with me for a long season of fic-writing. Seasons usually come and go. Marvel is a loooooong season though, and while the fire remains, the fundamentals become a touchier thing, and I need to actually snap-to and pay attention and turn the prism around, look at the same characters from new angles to write good, fresh, trope-free stories.

 And that keeps me honest as a writer overall, original work or fanfic.

Photo



giveme-brandy-onmybreath: bobby taught him how to be a kid,...













giveme-brandy-onmybreath:

bobby taught him how to be a kid, john taught him how to be a soldier

merlinleijon: tomithejellyfish: CAN I HAVE A FEMALE CHARACTER WHO'S A PRINCESS OR A QUEEN WHO IS...

merlinleijon:

tomithejellyfish:

CAN I HAVE A FEMALE CHARACTER WHO'S A PRINCESS OR A QUEEN WHO IS OKAY WITH BEING EXTRA FEMININE AND BEING PAMPERED AND PRIMPED AND TREATED LIKE ROYALTY AND DOESN'T THINK DRESSES ARE STUPID BUT ACTUALLY THINKS THEY'RE PRETTY CUTE AND WANTS TO BE A STRONG WARRIOR AND KICK ASS BUT STILL WANTS TO THINGS THAT PRINCESSES AND QUEENS DO CAN I HAVE THAT PLEASE

image

absentlyabbie: So, ended up talking to my mother about divorce because Everybody Loves Raymond (a...

absentlyabbie:

image

So, ended up talking to my mother about divorce because Everybody Loves Raymond (a show I really don't like) was on.

And turns out my mother is even more socially conservative than I thought. She doesn't think people should get divorced, that people "these days" don't take marriage seriously enough and that they don't BECAUSE divorce is considered such a normal and "easy" option now. She doesn't think divorce should BE an option except in extreme cases, such as abuse or infidelity.

First I expressed my skepticism because—HI I HAVE A STEPFATHER. And so she protests that she was young and foolish and SHOULD have "honored her vow before God" and stuck the marriage with my father out (despite HER infidelity, inability to be a healthy, supporting partner in the relationship, and the increasingly negative toll it was all taking on my father), but still she wouldn't change it, because hey, little brother and also for some strange reason she is in love with/happy with my stepfather.

THEN I had a momentary laugh. Had to tell her why, made sure she understood I was NOT picking on her beliefs or any such thing—but this stance of hers, which she says is because of her religious beliefs, ir kind of a historical irony.

I mean, the Protestant Church (from which the Southern Baptist Church can be trace, hi, how ya doin'), split from the Catholic Church because one king wanted the religious authority to divorce and remarry whenever the fuck he felt like it.

Typically, she took it like an insult, with much eyerolling and insisting I didn't know what I was talking about. There was lots of characteristic distancing of the Southern Baptist faith having anything ever to do with the Catholic Chuch, as if they were never ever related. There was much insistence that historically and in the Bible that the ACTUAL CHRISTIAN beliefs which the SBC adheres to toooootally predate the Catholic Church and oh my gooood don't you know CHRISTIANS have like, NOTHING TO DO WITH CATHOLICS, YOU ARE SO WRONG ABOUT PROTESTANTS DUUUUUUHHH.

And then there was lots of blaming divorce for the ills of modern American society, especially welfare, which she would have me believe has been "statistically proven" to obviously be the biggest cause of the USA's enormous debt crisis.

Do you see the fucking shit I am dealing with, here.

image

Aaaahhhhh, Mississippi.

*HUGS*

No comments:

Post a Comment